Origin of the product
Square wood are produced with oak (Quercus petraea. L. and Quercus robur. L.). Laglasse participates to the PEFC program. The staves are in open air dried for a period of 24 months. During this aging period, the oak will release its strongest tannins and moisture. With this long maturation process the oak will be ready lend its finest phenolic components and aromas to the wine.
- Bag : 150 x 36 cm
- Square length wood : 5 ± 2 cm
- Square thickness wood : 0,7 ou 2,2 cm
- SQF : 53,8
- Sq meter : 5,27
- Weight of bag : 5 or 10 kg
Our Laglasse Winemakers or enologist are at your disposal to provide you their advices and to share their experience with you in order to achieve the best results in accordance to your needs.We could propose a blend of different toasting levels to present a complete profile.
Provide a light and elegant woody taste, a roundness in the mouth with good integration of the tannins.
- During the alcoholic or malolactic fermentation
- Unique use
- Its equivalent at 50 % of new barrel, so that’s 10 kg per 25 hectoliters
See aromatic profiles joint in the booklet.
Regulation and conservation
- Current regulations concerning the use of “oak wood pieces”
- To ensure that the products are kept at their best, they are conditioned as soon as they come out of the toasting process in a aluminium alimentary conditioning. Keep container tightly closed
in a cool place.
WOODSAMPLERS FOR TEST
One stick soaks in a volume of 1,5 liter. 25 % wood contact. The optimal result is obtained in a minimum of 20 days of soaking.